HTC HD2 T8585 Review

HTC HD2 delivers an experience your senses have been waiting for. The unprecedented 4.3-inch pixel-packed display is stunning. The world's first capacitive touch technology on a Windows phone along with 1 GHz processing power ensure a smooth and lightning-fast response to the lightest touch of your finger. Most importantly, it is our first Windows phone to embody HTC Sense - a holistic experience that focuses on making phones work in the most intuitive way. HTC Sense is based on three core principles make it mine, stay close, and discover the unexpected. With HTC HD2, communication is focused around people rather than applications, so all of your interactions like email, SMS, phone logs, and even updates from Facebook are all in one place. Right where your instinct tells you to look next to the photo of the person with whom you want to stay in touch with. In business, a phone call often has the power to prevent a mile-long pile up of inconclusive emails. HTC HD2 makes it simple to go from reading an email to calling the sender. All it takes is a single tap on the large phone icon right from the email. And if you need to get everyone involved in the discussion just tap next to the images of everyone to create an instant conference call. Forget the challenge of jumping from your calendar to your phone application while trying to find and memorize the number for your next conference call. On HTC HD2, conference call reminders conveniently appear with a big dial button ready for you to press, even the PIN is displayed, so you'll never miss out on the latest strategy session.



Very nice gadget

I received mine in the end of December. A month is probably not enough to discover all bugs but so far I'm happy with the phone.

First of all, it is really fast. The 1GHz processor does it's job.
The screen resolution is high and the screen size is big enough to surf the web with comfort.
HTC shell is something new to me (I used to have E-ten with Spb Mobile shell) but getting used to it.
Cannot say that I'm impressed with the still picture quality (SE phones have better pictures with less Mpx) but video recording is relatively good. There is no button for shutter so you always have to click on the screen to take picture - not convenient.
I need to charge my phone every second day - that definitely exceeded my expectations, taking into consideration fast processor and big hi-res screen.
The screen uses almost full width of the body, which sometimes causes unexpected clicks when I grab the phone (slowly getting used to it). When browsing e-mails the shell has button "reply to all" on the left side and when you click it, it changes to "send". One time I grabbed the phone and it replied to all and sent an empty message to a huge distribution list. So keep it in mind and be careful ;) I hope there will be a way to protect it somehow.
The phone is bigger than I expected - it's exactly the size of 12oz beer can (you can hide one behind the phone).
The sound level and quality in conversations is excellent. Also, my Highlander hands-free connects very quickly with good sound level.
So far I did not have chance to use built-in GPS. I don't expect anything special comparing to other similar phones.
It does not have a stylus. If you turn the phone, full size keyboard is big enough but.. I think I will get a stylus. At least you need one, when you surf Internet.

Overall - some little flaws, which I found so far, will not be enough to downgrade my 5 star rating. I really enjoy the phone and recommend it to others who is ready to spend [...] bucks on a gadget.

This review is from HTC HD2 T8585 Unlocked Smartphone with 5 MP Camera, Windows Mobile 6.5, Wi-Fi, GPS - International Version with Warranty (Black)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BlackBerry Bold 9900 unboxing

Samsung Wave M S7250 specs